Thursday, January 26, 2017

She made it, I have proof!

What a happy day yesterday was. Tender mercies all around for which I am so very thankful for. 

I joined a "Mom's and Dad's" Facebook page three weeks ago. Lots of pictures, lots of posts, lots of love. One Mom posted a picture of her daughter in a sea of Sister missionaries in the MTC with the caption, "In just a week, some of these ladies will be warming up in CA!" A few days later, a member of the Monvoria Ward said that they were getting a new Sister missionary and were super excited to meet her. Fast forward 2 days and she commented that they got Sister Sorensen. My heart jumped for joy! Until you have a missionary out and have no idea where they are at, you wouldn't understand the struggle. I mean, as a parent you know where your child is. At school, work, driving, friends house, you have SOME idea. I was thrilled that I now knew WHERE she was and not lost in the abyss in my mind.

Then there was visual verification. Be still my heart!!!! I was overjoyed to see Kenzie's smiling face. This was sent by the mission office.


Next the lovely lady from Facebook messaged me back. Oh, may blessings rain down on her. The Sister missionaries come to her house every Monday to do laundry. I got her cell phone number and she promised me a picture. I don't know if she is the Ward Mission leaders wife, or what, but she has a missionary son serving in Arkansas. If I can one day meet her.... She did text me a picture like she promised and I got it this morning (3 hour time difference!)


Sister Colson, Sister Sorensen and Sister Cluff. "Met your adorable Sister Sorensen! She is so sweet, we LOVE her NC accent... she is happy... she got to meet the bishop and Ward mission leader today... she said, 'I love you Mom'... gave her 2 hugs for you! This is her with 2 companions Sister Colson and Sister Cluff... they are amazing... she is in great hands"

Then, this morning, there were a ton of pictures posted to Facebook. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Until Monday.... 







No comments:

Post a Comment