Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Sister Sorensen in Arcadia, California Mission

Sister Sorensen in Arcadia! Hopefully you'll enjoy her emails, my feeling and insight to having a missionary in the family.

Mackenzie is serving a church mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, LDS, or Mormon.

We are grateful for Mackenzie's willingness to serve the Lord for 18 months in Arcadia, California.

Here is the first email!

Hey y'all! I sure do miss all y'all, but the MTC is pretty amazing. The spirit is so strong and I just can't explain it. 

I made it and settled okay. I will get into further detail on my next P-day, which will be next Thursday. I will send a pretty long one. 

Study the scriptures and pray often. Follow the spirit. Let the Lord guide you as you go through the day. :) The gospel is such a great thing and I thank y'all for teaching me. 

I cannot wait to tell you everything next week. 

Don't forget that I love you so so so so SOOOOOO much! I know that this is where I'm supposed to be though. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers! 

Love,
Sister Sorensen (woooaaahhh that's super weird)

I was super surprised when I got an email today, Thursday, January 10th. I had just finished lunch, washed the dishes and went to pick up my phone. As I sat down on the couch, I thought, "I need to check my email". I NEVER check my email during the day. What a joyful surprise! I was so glad that I had followed through with the prompting!

No comments:

Post a Comment