Monday, January 8, 2018

Church Celebrities

Hey y'all!

This week was SO AWESOME! ESPECIALLY THIS WEEKEND! 

So not too much happened at the beginning of the week. We've been doing a lot of finding! On Thursday afternoon, we did exchanges with the STLs and it was super good! We found a new friend, so hopefully that goes well :) right before the end of our exchange on Friday afternoon, we ran into the Spanish sisters and a member PULLS OVER AND IS LIKE GET IN WE'RE GOING TO LUNCH AT GRAND BURGER! So. Good. I love the members here! 

JULIA IS LITERALLY AN ANGEL! She works Sunday mornings and she took her lunch break at 9 am to COME TO CHURCH BECAUSE SHE LOVES IT! And then she asked if she could bring some friends! We were like UH, YES YOU MAY! <3 It's kind of crazy to me how much I love her even though I just barely got here! 

Elyse had a lesson with us tonight and I'm super pumped! She's super cute and strong! She gave up sweet tea to follow the Word of Wisdom and it's been a little tough because she's surrounded by it all. the. time. SO, I decided to do a chocolate fast for her this past week and y'all..... That's been hard! I'm surrounded by chocolate! But I feel like I've gain a better appreciation for my friends who have given up tea and coffee to follow the example of Jesus Christ.

This Saturday, I SAW ELDER OAKS! He's a member of the quorum of the 12 Apostles. As soon as he walked in the spirit just filled the room! He talked to us about being FULL-time missionary, not part time and being focused. He also gave us some teaching advice because he used to teach law. Such a neat experience! 

Thursday was my year mark and I was reading my journal when I got to the MTC. I kept saying how much I already loved the people in Arcadia. But I didn't know what love was then. I literally feel the Savior's love for EVERYONE! I never knew I could love someone so much! I think of Micheal and Alicia and Charles. I will never forget them and I will always carry them in my heart (and my other friends that I've taught). 

I also know that the church is so organized! With the passing of our dear President Monson, we are still able to carry out the Lord's work! It shows that man does not run this church, it is Jesus Christ. 

Sorry for a super long email! So much to share! The Lord loves you and so do I! 

Sister Sorensen 

P. S, Our mission is going on a 40 day sugar fast starting Jan. 16th. Wish me luck!

1-3: ELDER OAKS AND THE WHOLE MISSION! AND I GOT TO SHAKE HIS HAND! "I'm never washing this hand..." - majority of the mission 
4: On exchanges and ran into the Spanish sisters. (l-r Hma. Angomas, Hma. Logan, Sis. Cook, me) 
5: ONE YEAR! WOOO! 
6: Are there still selfie Sundays on the mission?











No comments:

Post a Comment