Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Claremont

Hey y'all!

I made it to Claremont and this place is awesome! We're teaching so many cool peeps! I've been sent to the best areas in the mission! 

Lamont was a mormon.org referral and he's so cool! He has a desire to be baptized! We're meeting with him tonight! 

Tina is such a cutie! She is SO CLOSE TO BAPTISM! She's so ready! She loves the Book of Mormon so much and really enjoys church! We just got help her see how ready she is! She definitely has the desire! 

We picked up a new investigator named Hugo and he's super cool too! We also picked up Esther! She's older and doesn't see too well, but she's adorable! I love her! 

Spiritual story: we were walking to Esther's and we ran into an investigator named Dee. We haven't been able to get a hold of her, so it was a miracle that we found her. She was super upset about some stuff going on. We were able to teach her right there on the street. She's so sweet!

We're also working with a few returning members and new converts (meaning they were just baptized less than a year ago). Danise just moved here from San Antonio Texas and she was baptized last April! She's adorable! She gave her first talk yesterday! We also got to see Sis. Pless who is coming back to church strong! She will give you the best Pep talk of your life! 

Fun story: I had elote for the first time on Saturday! It's Mexican corn with butter, mayo, parmesan cheese, and chili. It's pretty good! Super messy. They sell them on little carts on the street.

In personal study today, I read in John 13. It's a super fitting chapter for Valentines Day in a couple days. In this chapter, Jesus washes the feet of his disciples. He also talked to them about how to treat others.
    34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
    35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

As I've been on my mission, I have never loved so much! I feel sad when I have to leave people in my old areas, but I get to feel my heart grow in love for even more people!

I sure do miss y'all! Have a great week! 

Love, 
Sister Sorensen

1.Sister Smith and I eating elota!
2. This member really loves the missionaries and languages! He made this for me and it says "Dear Sister Sorensen, Welcome into our lives." So cute! 



No comments:

Post a Comment