Monday, February 19, 2018

One Foot in the Grave

Hey y'all!

Its been a great week! I love being in Claremont! We cover part of Pomona and I think that's one of my favorite places to go! 

WE HAD A FAMILY OF 3 COME TO CHURCH FOR THE FIRST TIME AND STAY ALL 3 HOURS OF CHURCH! It's the Wirtes family and they have a cute little 8 year old who shares a birthday with my younger sister Lydia! 

Tina is SO CLOSE TO BAPTISM! All she needs to do is pick a date! She's the SWEETEST, CUTEST, MOST ADORABLE woman ever! I love her!

Lamont is pretty good. We haven't met with him as much as we wanted, but it'll get better!

We got a referral from some missionaries in Covina and we went by them. It's a family from India! They're so cute! We have an appointment with them tomorrow and I'm SO EXCITED! They seem super cool! 

We went to a woman's meeting on Saturday and it was so fun! It was about how we are virtuous women and that when we do our best, the Savior is proud of us. Look up "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox on lds.org under BYU speeches. IT'S AMAZING!

Sister Smith and I are having too much fun together, so that's been awesome! For only being together for a short time, we're pretty unified! 

Funny story, we changed companions for the day with some leaders. At the end, the sister reminded me that I have a little less than 4 more months on my mission! When someone goes home, they say the missionary is dying. So she told me I have one foot in the grave!  I was like NOOO! I'M NOT READY! I love the people here way too much to think about leaving! 

I know that His grace really is sufficient after all we can do. As long as we continue to grow and change for the better, we will LEARN heaven, not EARN it. The Savior's arms are always open to us, weather it's sin or we just need comfort. 

Thanks y'all for the prayers, especially about my health. It's been hard some days, but I know I'm learning something from it! Have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Sorensen
1. Found a pretty flower while trying to find MIA investigators
2. Sis. Smith and I!
3. Me and Danise's (a recent convert who moved here from Texas) granddaughters puppy. She's a little ugly (Danise said it... Not me ;)) but she's pretty cute too! 
4. Sis. Smith braided my hair and it looked super cute! 
5. Sis. Smith and Ziggy! That's the puppy's name.






No comments:

Post a Comment