Monday, March 5, 2018

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Hey y'all!

This week has been so crazy that I can't even begin to describe! Missions are just so much fun! :) 

Tina is doing awesome! Ah I just love her so much! <3 we hope to see her more this week. 

Jeff and his family are great! They always have such great questions. I love them! 

Steve is doing pretty well. We hope to meet with him more often and get him to church! Everyone needs the spirit of church in their life! 

Danise, a recent covert, is about to hit her year mark! She's so cute! 

We also got to meet with this 80 year old member named Goldie. She's so cute! <3 she's been doing a little missionary work herself and now we're teaching her friend, Tim! He enjoys hearing us read from the Book of Mormon. 

We met this cool guy named Erik this week. We had a return appointment on Saturday and he wasn't there. Turns out he got called into work and he apologized! That doesn't happen too often! Praying he will meet with us and not get called into work!

We've had a ton of rain recently. Luckily the sun is out now! We've been freezing! 

Coolest miracle: it was POURING rain on Friday and we were walking to an appointment. As we're walking, this woman flags us down and told us her car ran out of gas right outside of the gas station. We helped her get some gas and such. She ended up putting some gas in a water bottle, just enough to get her into the station. After the whole ordeal, she thanked us and tried to pay us. We declined and explained our purpose as missionaries. It was really cool being able to help her!

I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon! It's been a great source of comfort, especially with all the craziness going on. I was reading in Alma 26 yesterday and these verses really stuck out to me:
"26 But behold, my beloved brethren, we came into the wilderness not with the intent to destroy our brethren, but with the intent that perhaps we might save some few of their souls.

 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

Although missions can be hard sometimes, it's been amazing! I love helping people come closer to Christ. I know that it's not really me, but the spirit working! I'm so grateful the Lord has comforted me during MY afflictions and comforts the people we teach with their afflictions. 

I love and miss y'all! I hit 14 months yesterday! It was also a year ago that Micheal from Monrovia was baptized! I miss his sweet spirit! 

Sister Sorensen

1-2: Sis. Smith and I had to be Skyped into District Meeting, so we had to take selfies! 
3: me! Trying to get a better FB profile picture.
4: Coco is a 2 year old that is so crazy cute! She wore a unicorn helmet backwards! 
5: Sis. Smith and I after we walked in the rain. 
6: a cute snail cause why not! 
7-8: Nora and Lila being all cute!










No comments:

Post a Comment