Tuesday, April 3, 2018

General Conference and Temples

Hey y'all!

 Sorry this is coming a day late because WE GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!!! It was my last temple trip of my mission! Bitter-sweet moment...

This General Conference was AMAZING! LIKE Y'ALL! I felt the spirit so strongly throughout the whole conference. I know President Nelson is a Prophet of God and he is receiving revelation!

I think one of the sweetest moments was when he announced that a temple will be built in RUSSIA! I felt an overwhelming joy for the saints in Russia who may not have access to all the blessings that we have here in the US. This truly is a worldwide church and God truly loves ALL His children.

We saw some great miracles this past week! We were able to run into a new investigator that we haven't seen in a while when we were walking to another investigators house!

We finally saw the Wirtes! They're doing great pretty well. We're going to start reading the Book of Mormon with them more.

Steve is still going through some hard things, but he knows that he needs to put the Lord first and everything will work out.

Yesterday we had a lesson with a woman named Isabeau. She's so sweet and AMAZING! She's talked to missionaries before and really recognizes that we carry the spirit with us. Hopefully we can help her reach her spiritual goal of being baptized!

We also went on exchanges yesterday and that was another bitter-sweet moment. I was with Sis. Ricks ans I love her so much! We've been in the same zone for my whole mission. She goes home next month and this was our last exchange together! We were kinda sad, but I know I've made some amazing friends here on my mission!

The temple was so awesome! We went with half the mission and it was a beautiful experience to see us all in white, doing work for those who have passed on the other side. I know that we can find true peace and personal revelation in the temples of the Lord. I love to see the temple!

I'm so grateful for this past Easter season! I love the time we're given to reflect on the Savior and His sacrifice for all of us. I know he really did die for us so that we can return to the Father. I know He feels everything we do and literally carries us when we need it.

Love and miss y'all! The Lord loves you and so do I!

Sister Sorensen

 1-3. Sis. Mecham and I at the temple this morning!
 4. Cute Easter picture! Shout out to Sis. Mecham for doing my hair
 5-6. Weekly Planning can be hard sometimes... So we took a quick selfie break
7-8. Just being goofy while Sis. Mecham plays the piano!





No comments:

Post a Comment