Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Land of So Much Sun

Hey y'all! 
This week has been so awesome! I'm so happy to be here in Sunland! 

We've had so many teaching appointments! It's so wonderful. I've never loved so many people so much! 

Hernan is the only person on date right now, but he's having a hard time. So, hopefully we can lift his spirits again. 

Gio and Emilio are referrals from the elders last transfer, but they were out of town. They're teenagers and they're so sweet. 

Johnny is a new investigator that we met street contacting! We had a mini lesson on the Restoration and we hope to meet with him again soon!

We're working with other former investigators, but we're still working on meeting with them more often. 

I think the funniest thing that has happened is just little moments with the member we live with. Her name is Sister Trutter and she's from South Africa! She says the funniest things and keeps us laughing! Recently she wore a shirt that said something to the effect of "Let me stop everything I'm doing to fix your problem." I laughed and she was like "does this offend you or something?" I said no, that I found it humorous. She says, "good girl." oh good old Sister Trutter. 

I'd like to bear my testimony of the Plan of Salvation. 4 years ago I lost my grandpa suddenly. It was hard, but through the knowledge of the Plan of salvation, my family was able to endure. We miss him terribly. But I know that we will see him again. Death has no strings. All of us can see and live with our families again as we follow Jesus Christ. 

This gospel brings me so much happiness. I don't know where I'd be without it. Thanks y'all for the support, emails, and prayers! It means a so much. 

Have a great week! 
Love, 
Sister Sorensen 

Sorry I don't have any pictures this week! It's been a little hectic with transfers and trying to learn the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment