Monday, July 10, 2017

Transfers, becoming a Dad, and Heat

Hey y'all! 
Transfers are today and I'm now in Sunland! My new companion is Sis. Bullock. I will miss Monrovia and Sis. Briscoe, but I'm excited to work in a new area! 

So, in the mission, the person who trains you is your "mom" (if you're a Sister). The companion after your training is called your "dad." Sis. Bullock just finished training, so I'm her Dad! 

This past week was pretty good. The 4th was my 6 month mark! All the fireworks were for me, right? ;) Anyway, that was was a little rough in the finding department, but that's okay. We had to be in by 7. Then it got crazy.... 

So we're sitting in our yard, trying to see fireworks with our front neighbor, Lynn. All of a sudden, our next door neighbors SHOOT OFF SOMETHING AND THIS BRIGHT LIGHT GOES IN OUR FRONT YARD! Okay.... Then we see fireworks going off and hitting our house! Okay, y'all... They're illegal in Monrovia for a good reason! Our houses are so close, I could shake a hand through the window. It ain't like NC... And the crazy thing is, the next town over (Duarte) allows fireworks! Oh my Lanta y'all.... It was crazy. We may or may not have heard a gun shot. Soooooo, that was a fun adventure! Luckily, we were safe :) 

We started our Bible study again and this time it went better! Rudy and Thelma came with a recent convert, Mario. We are so excited! 

I had Carne Assada for the first time on Saturday! I highly recommend it! 

Its starting to get hot now! RIP to all the missionaries on bikes..... 

I have a testimony that Christ Church is on the Earth today! I know that Joseph Smith was truly a Prophet and he really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and the keystone to our religion. 

Love y'all! Have a great week! 
Sister Sorensen 

1. Meeting the new president! 




















2. Temp. On Saturday!












 








3. Fairy house! Everyone needs the gospel, right!





















No comments:

Post a Comment