Monday, September 18, 2017

Miracles Happen

Hey y'all!

This has been a pretty crazy week for sure!

So, remember when it was so hot the mountains were on fire? Well, it's been in the mid 60's this past week! I've been freezing! Sunland has strange weather for sure!

Another crazy, and sad thing, is we had to drop almost all our investigators. :( BUT, we saw some amazing miracles!

We got a referral about 2 months ago. We made contact, but we never had an opportunity to really teach her. Last Monday, we were finally able to teach her about the Restoration!

Another miracle was a woman named Sunny. We were sitting in Relief Society (a women's organization in the church) when all of a sudden someone from the Spanish ward comes in and asks for us. Sunny just walked into the church and wants to learn more! She couldn't stay for sacrament meeting, but later in the day we gave her a church tour. She asked awesome questions, including how fast she'll learn the basics of the church!

We have been struggling to find, so Sunny was an amazing miracle! God really does prepare people for the gospel. I know that through our diligent efforts and prayers that a miracle happened! I definitely don't think that I am the reason for this miracle, but I do know that when we are open to them and do our part, they happen!

Quick funny stories and explanations to my pictures:
-Bro. Gillan fell asleep while he was in the middle of talking... He's a stinker. 
-We learned from a member that green spots on your potatoes means it got sunburned. So when I saw a green spot on my fry, we had to take a picture! 
-Sis. Honey (a member in our ward) called a former investigator OUT for not getting with the Lord! 
-Sis. Honey also fed us this week and she had her crazy chicken Luise running everywhere! 
-We got clothes from a member and I was feeling fabulous. You get sick of wearing the same things so many times. 

I'm so happy to be a missionary! I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience thus far and I'm excited for the future ones too!

Love y'all!
Sister Sorensen








No comments:

Post a Comment