Monday, September 4, 2017

This Week Ended in FLAMES

Hey y'all!

This week was interesting for sure. It stayed over 100 this week. The lowest temperature was 106... Thank goodness for awesome people giving us frozen waters and such.

It wasn't our best week, unfortunately. Almost all our appointments fell through. I guess people don't like the heat! At least we had a bomb lesson with the Brown's! We get to see them tomorrow and I'm so excited! 

Soooooo... The fires. Because it's been so dry and so hot, THE MOUNTAIN WAS ON FIRE!!!! We were safe and nobody was harmed. But it was a crazy experience!

Friday we were weekly planning and all of a sudden, the zone leaders call us to make sure we're okay. We're like, ".... Yeahhhhh? Why?" they're like, go outside and look at the mountain. IT WAS HUGE! Well, at least to me. And the thing about fires here is that they JUMP AROUND! It kept spreading and we watched it move down toward some of our members! We were even an emergency contact for a member that's 90 YEARS OLD! 

Ashes were coming down like rain. The interstate was closed. It smells. You can't breath... It was insane! But, luckily everyone was safe and they are out now! The mountain is still red and there's huge clouds of smoke! Honestly it looked like a war scene.

Another funny (I guess you could say) story is that Saturday Sis. Bullock and I were running away from this crazy dog and when I opened the door, it slammed into my nose. It's not broken but man, it scared me for a second. I hope I come home in one piece!

Despite having a tough week, I am so hopeful! Opposition in all things! Missions are one huge roller Coaster ride! But it's such a great one! Today I hit my 8 month mark and I honestly can't believe I'm almost half way done! I feel like I just got here! I know the Book of Mormon is true ans I'm so thankful for all that it has taught me.

Love y'all and stay safe! Keep praying for Sunland, Houston, and Montana.

Sister Sorensen













No comments:

Post a Comment