Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Keepin it 100 (degrees)

Hey y'all! 

Its been a pretty good week, but this upcoming week is going to be BRUTAL! It's supposed to stay over 100 degrees! Dry heat is not very fun, but I'll survive... Hopefully ;) 

We had some amazing lessons! Most of them were with people we haven't seen in a while and thought about letting them go. 

The Brown's kept their commitment! We had them watch, "What is the Blueprint of Christ's Church?" it's a very bold devotional. They really liked it and we're looking forward to seeing them today. 

Mike and Debbie are doing well. We reviewed the Restoration and the spirit was so strong! 

Brad Owen is such a cool dude! He's open to our message, he and his family just have to work through a couple of things. 

We finally had a lesson with Jackie! I met her street contacting a couple of weeks ago. She's so awesome! She had a lot of good questions and she has an open mind. 

One of the coolest moments this week was at a member's house for dinner. Her name is Dora and she's from Mexico. She speaks pretty good English, but sometimes she still speaks Spanish. Somehow, I was able to understand her even though I don't speak any Spanish! Blessings! And her food is so good! She made us papas en salsa de tomate. Which translates to potatoes with tomato sauce. It was SOOOOOO GOOD! 

Not much else is happening here! My east coast peeps, please send humidity.... This dry weather is killing Sis. Bullock and I ;) 

I love my mission. I love the people I meet and the experiences I have. Even the crazy ones! I love this gospel and most importantly, I love my Savior. 

Have a great week y'all! 

Sister Sorensen 

1-2 The OLIVA'S!! I love them so much!




















This man was in a hospital bed just goin across the street! There's not a hospital close by either sooo...?

























A tree in the middle of the sidewalk.




No comments:

Post a Comment