Monday, September 25, 2017

Half Way There

Hey y'all!

Its been a pretty good week. We had a great lesson with Sunny! We hope that she'll progress. We were able to do some unplanned service for Amanda. Hopefully we can really get into teaching! We taught a good amount of members too, so that's exciting. 

We also did some service for a less active. We moved some furniture into her house. That was super cool because I FED A PEACOCK! Yes, a wild peacock! So, I guess you could say I'm cool. After that we drove around a little bit to find some more and SURE ENOUGH! It was so cool! The blue ones are the males and the white and green ones are females.

Its been freezing this past week! It was in the 60's! Rexburg is going to kill me next year! This upcoming week is supposed to heat back up, but not in the triple digits!

I hit my half way mark and honestly, I can't believe how fast it's gone by! I'm so grateful that I was given the opportunity to serve the people of Arcadia California! 

I'm so eternally grateful for the Plan of Salvation. One of my best friends from back home and her father passed away unexpectedly. I am still heartbroken, but I KNOW I will see them again! I KNOW she's being a fantastic missionary on the other side. I KNOW she is without pain. I am so grateful for the Savior and His sacrifice for us so that we CAN see our loved ones again. I keep thinking of Alma 7:11-13. Y'all should look it up in the Book of Mormon. 

I love y'all so much! Have an amazing week! 

Peacocks

My companion is so cute so we take a lot of selfies ;)

My moms the greatest and sent me a half time show package for my half way mark! It's so cute!!! 






Alma 7:11-13
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictionsand temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment