Monday, December 18, 2017

Merry Christmas

Hey y'all!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! It was a great birthday! 

This week was kinda crazy. We've been able to have a couple Facebook lessons, so that's been cool! Mike is doing alright. We wanted to have more contact this week, but it is what it is. We met this cool guy who loves to restore cars! We had a pretty good lesson with him. He has some pretty awesome stories! 

Sister Parker and I are BOTH GETTING TRANSFERRED!!! They're going to bring in elders now! I'm going to miss this ward! 

I'm going to Glendora and Sister Parker is going to Monrovia!!! That was my first area! 

We were supposed to be transferred today, but both of us have the stomach flu. BOO! But, we'll go to our new areas tomorrow. I'm super excited! It's a biking area, so pray for my accident prone self! ;) 

We have a Christmas zone conference coming up, so I'm excited for that. We'll also have a whole mission conference next month! So much to look forward to! 

I'm so thankful for the Christmas season. It gives us a chance to think more about the Savior and how we can become more like Him. I wanted to share a quote by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. You can find the whole thing on his Facebook page. 
 
"With only Joseph’s inexperienced assistance, [Mary] herself brought forth her firstborn son, wrapped him in the little clothes she had knowingly brought on her journey, and perhaps laid him on a pillow of hay. Shepherds would soon arrive and later, wise men from the East. Later yet the memory of that night would bring Santa Claus and Frosty and Rudolph—and all would be welcome. But first and forever there was just a little family, without toys or trees or tinsel. With a baby—that’s how Christmas began."

I love my Savior. He is the reason for the season. Amid all the holiday activities, find time to ponder Jesus Christ and His life. 

Love and miss y'all! Have a very Merry Christmas! 

Sister Sorensen 

1. Saying goodbye to the Dial family! 
2-5. My birthday at Dora's!






No comments:

Post a Comment