Wednesday, May 23, 2018

That's My Goldfish

Hey y'all!

Its been a good week! We've seen some pretty awesome people! 

Emily was a new investigator from last week and she's so cute! We love her so much! We read 3 Nephi 12 with her, which is when Jesus Christ teaches the Nephites a discourse similar to the Sermon on the Mount. After we read it, she's like, "So wait. What's the difference between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?" we were like, LET US TELL YOU ABOUT IT!

We also met Brenda and her daughter, Armarissa. They are so sweet and really need the gospel in their life!

On Friday, we were really worried about Melissa because we haven't seen her in a while. Later that afternoon we were biking by her house and saw her car. We pulled over ASAP and found her! Tender mercies are real! 

We did SO MUCH SERVICE ON SATURDAY! We helped Lorraine weed her backyard and then we helped Steven with some stuff around his house. It was in the low 90s and the sun was OUT! 

For P-day we went to a Mongolian BBQ place and then played tennis at a members house with some other missionaries from our zone. It was so fun! Didn't get any pictures :( but we played this game called where's my goldfish? 

The point of the game is to figure out what the rule is from someone who gets it. It sounds complicated, but when you get into it, it's pretty fun. Everyone was yelling, "is that my goldfish?!" 

I am so grateful for the scriptures! They really help me feel better when I'm feel really stressed out about missionary work or just life in general. I just finished 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon, which is when Jesus Christ ministers to the Nephites. I know that He is the same and loves all His children the same. 

Love and miss y'all! 

Sister Sorensen 

(The pics haven't stayed in the same order, so I'll just describe them) 
-a sign in Emily's house. I thought it was pretty cool! 
-2 of me and Sis. Mecham doing service 
-there's a sign in Claremont called Brigham Young... 






No comments:

Post a Comment